Sunday, March 21, 2010

my town....

the weekly challenge at inspiration avenue is themed "my town".  i had to think about how i wanted to represent where i come from.  i kinda live in a neat area.... my house is in a very rural area but i'm surrounded by pockets of tourism, art & the ocean.  i didn't get to take my camera around this week cause i was so busy with wedding planning appointments but i love these weekly challenges.  so i made a couple of mosaics of photos i took through the winter......


                                                           
                                     scenes from ocean beach park


 

wall art & park statues

i don't know much about the history of my area but my camera can find the beauty......

so grab a cup of joe or tea & hop on over to view all the "my town" entries posted this afternoon.....

8 comments:

  1. Ooohhhh, I LOVE these especially the sculpture mosaic- so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg pat!! you live in paradise!! i love the mosaics you made of your town. and i think i'm in love with your town now :) this theme is so brilliant! i get to see so many lovely places ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat your images are amazing - the school children's faces and the statues in paricular are lovely. Sometimes the little details of a place are it's soul. I made a mosaic too - I found it too hard to sum up a place with just one photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous images from your town! You've captured the beauty and essence. I think it would be awesome to live near the ocean. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow a great look to your town.
    Gorgeous impressionen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so lucky to be surrounded by so much beauty! Just being near the ocean is wonderful all by itself. I spent many years living by the ocean and now I am "landlocked"! I love all of your images!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous mosaics, Pat! Don't you love living near the water? I couldn't be anywhere else, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, I too live only bout 20 minutes from the oceana nd adore it.
    Love your pics.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photos are my own and I am the only keeper of all rights. Reproduction for any reason is not permitted without written permission. Please respect these rights.