Sunday, January 31, 2010

inspiration avenue weekly challenge.... pure

it's been quite the busy week ....so much more time on the computer than i usually spend.  i flew all over the world visiting so many really cool people as part of the owoh event.  it was well worth the time & mileage cause i found some folks i want to go back & chat with...maybe stay for a cup of tea!

this week i hosted the inspiration avenue weekly challenge & the theme was pure.  as i was inspired by a baby for the theme, i stayed with that thought for my challenge entry.

this is a photo of my daughter 24 years ago..... i remember the day!

 

the first step was to crop & sepia tone .....

 


i've been wanting to try hand coloring photos so i ordered marshall's oil pencils made just for that purpose.  they haven't arrived yet so i tried some watercolor pencils instead.....

i haven't worked much with watercolors & found they were difficult to control.  i had alot of fun working on this project but need to get more practice.   i can't wait to get my package in the mail!

so here's my entry....my baby....so pure! 

 



10 comments:

  1. OMG what a darling image.
    Fantastic work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh pat ... this is beautiful! she is beautiful!!! i love how you edited the photograph digitally and manually ... totally brings out the purity of your little precious :)) i want to kiss her!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable. So want to snatch her up for a hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - I love the sepia effect, it's so delicate. It's great the way the sunlight is making a rainbow on her in the first photograph too!
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pat this piece is beautiful. I love your entry.
    I think you did a fabulous job on this weeks challenge, for your entry and the work involved in hosting it. I have not done one yet and I'm very apprehensive. I can't believe it took you so long to do.Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow how beautiful! She is adorable and I love the watercolour additions to the bottom photo. I have to admit I never really got on with watercolour pencils myself. As for colours in the top photo and they way they have streaked across in different directions I love it!! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How precious! What a doll baby she is. I love that you turned it into a sepia prnt and hand colored it in. How fun to be getting some new toys to play with.
    Can't wait to see what else you do with the new colors.
    Xo,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice to read your blog and see that you use me in your work :-)
    Love you mom! and miss you VERY much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Greetings & Salutations,
    Darling Altered Baby Photo OWOH Giveaway!
    I bet your daughter is a really beautiful young lady now.
    Fly by my blog when you get a chance...
    Forbidden Planet Giveaway #242 On The List @:
    http://todaysgold.blogspot.com/

    Cosmic Blessings, Lyndy Ward

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, Pat, I thought I had already commented on this beautiful image. So pristine and pure- I love how you caught the wonder on her face, and the lighting.....just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
My photos are my own and I am the only keeper of all rights. Reproduction for any reason is not permitted without written permission. Please respect these rights.